Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Break from the Rain



The rain has been relentless this week. I've not been able to get out to paint so little has been accomplished. Its fine, though, as life seems to be in a down curve temporarily and I need to find my balance again. Even though my work seems to be more low key than the vibrant colors of the spring work, I feel it is much more emotive and real. This new piece was done mainly from a photo (because of the rain) that I took earlier this weekend of a spot within the same vicinity of "Waist-High Grasses". Its a spot just up the road from where I live on the Hwy 20 side in front of the Presbyterian Church. I hadn't really noticed this place until last week when I parked my car and went up into it. It definitly is an example of my philosophy that beauty exists always right in front of us.

This piece is 16x20 and was just delivered to the Allure Gallery in Destin where all of my plein-airs and landscapes are offered.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeanette,
I knew you were tallented, but had no idea your vision was so awesome. I was searching for the name of the gallery where your art is on display in Destin, found it along with your art blog and your knitting blog. What an inspiration. Keep up the great work.
Kris
PS -- I probably can't afford you to paint at my house (boo) it would have been great.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home