Thursday, January 08, 2009

Some Future Hope

Some Future Hope 36X48" mixed media (sold)
tumultous, these last two years have been and so I return to that Pilgrimage series from before....just a reminder that even though I don't know if my given path is what is best....and the doubts keep funneling in as I forge a path into my future....there are still and always will be new meanderings...though I feel that I must set my face like flint in the direction I'm going....when I get there, or to the next horizon line, no pathway is ever permanent. in my future I'm fine, because I've learned to be fluid. I am free to move in any direction and no decision of today is set in stone.

always remember the strength of fluidity....respond to life, respond to the movements....like the water in its journey to the sea, don't force and don't pout when the direction is blocked.

that's exactly what this painting is about and what something inside me needed to put face to. those sweet purples and greens on 36x48 mixed media.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I found you through your Wetcanvas post. Your work is painterly, yet has a quality of stained glass due to the line work. It's very intriguing. I also like what you added about fluidity. It reminds me of what I like to say: "I don't know the destination, but I trust the path."

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what is more beautiful to me; the painting or the words and thoughts of inspiration that led to its creation.

Thanks for both.

RTW

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your art work, reminder me to beautiful earth. Good art for you.
From me.

Indra35411@yahoo.com

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home