Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Paths and Woods (I can't see anything beyond today)


This morning I was back at Aunt Martha's Bed and Breakfast with the Emerald Coast Plein Air Association. What a treat it turned out to be with all the personal frustration going on right now. I'm back to doing the woods and paths for a while I think - or maybe just for today. This one is done with a lot of tonal variations between thalo blue and ultramarine. I left my box of paints at home on my doorstep so I had to force myself to use colors that I don't always pick up. These were in my "supplies" box: gamboge, ultramarine, thalo blue, blood red, galleria white (it was the only white I had, but it worked), a bit of lemon yellow, sepia, dioxide purple, and quinacridone magenta. I'll do some shaping up of a few areas and post the finished painting on the flickr page.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a really talented painter. it's really nice.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home